Injectables, Skin Care and Peels during COVID-19
Hello Lovely Patients!
I’m hoping you’re all coping with our new “lifestyle”.It’s a challenging time – but one to keep us all safe and well. Here are some questions that may help to clarify what we can and can’t do at the clinic right now. I’ve included a strategy to help you do some home care skin treatmentsuntil I see you again!
Can I have any injectables (neurotoxin, fillers) at the moment?
No – unfortunately injectables are considered a nonessential service and their administration requires the patient and nurse to be within 1.5m of each other.
When will I be able to have my injectables treatment done?
The NSW response to COVID-19 has been impressive and successful, and we expect further announcements to loosen social restrictions within non-surgical procedures to be announced in May. We are optimistically taking bookings for May.
Will all non-surgical treatments be available?
We expect that non-surgical treatments will be phased in as social restrictions are slowly phased out. It is possible that we will start with upper face treatments eg cheek fillers and neurotoxin to forehead, frown lines and crows feet. Peels, facials and lower face injectables will become possible once non-essential industries are allowed to work again.
Will it be safe to have injectables while coronavirus is still in our community?
Southern Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is an ethical and sophisticated surgical clinic. We have put in place many screening, on site, patient and practitioner measures to reduce our patients’ risk. These measure together with the very low community levels of active virus, make coming into the practice for injectables very safe. Our safety measures include:
- Pre-consultation screening: Only present to your appointment if you have had no contact with someone who has had coronavirus AND you do not have a fever AND you do not have upper respiratory symptoms.
- Please enter the Southern Aesthetic office alone (leave the kids at home!).
- Patient appointments will be spaced out to maintain social distancing within the waiting room.
- Patients are asked to use alcohol hand gel on arrival and will be given a mask to wear.
- Our practitioners including myself, will be masked.
- Viral cleaning product is used on all patient surfaces after/before each patient.
- Practitioners and patients are to avoid touching their own faces during treatments.
- Please maintain 1.5m distance from reception staff who will process your payment and book your follow up appointments.
Can I have a skin consult during this time?
Yes you can contact the rooms on 02 95882494 and the reception staffwill organise a virtual consult with me free of charge.
Can I still buy skin care and do I have to come into the clinic to get it?
Yes! You can still buy any products from your skin care regime. We stock Southern Aesthetic Skin Care Range and Jan Marini Skin Care. Our clinic is still open to process payment and for you to pick up products in a safe way. If you prefer to stay in isolation, we can process payment over the phone and organise postage of your product to you.
Can I do extra treatments to my skin regime – at home?
Yes! We have several take home exfoliating masks and treatments that can be used at home to enhance your normal routine. These include the very popular Marini Holiday Exfoliator and we also have the Retinol Mask which is great for pigment and fine lines.
Coming into the drier months of Autumn, skin often requires more hydration. I often advise moving from serums to creams, which I can guide and advise you on this transition. And don’t forget your eye creams! The fragile area around your eyes require a much more delicate serum or cream and can make your face look and feel so much brighter.
I look forward to seeing you soon – stay safe and well!
Shanne Taylor RN
Southern Aesthetic Plastic Surgery